We have 6 standard washing machines which take a 15lb (7Kg) load (dry weight - about 1.5 times that of a domestic machine). Each machine is started by inserting 4x £1 and 2x 20p coins.
Our 3 large washing machines take a 25lb (11Kg) load (dry weight - nearly 2.5 times that of a domestic machine) and are also ideal for double and larger duvets. Each machine is started by inserting 6x £1 coins.
5 programme options are available on each machine:
- HOT - pre-wash, main wash (approx 60), 3 rinses each followed by spin.
- WARM - pre-wash, main wash (approx 40), 3 rinses each followed by spin.
- SYNTHETICS - pre-wash, main wash (approx 40), 3 rinses, short final spin.
- WASH & WEAR - main wash (approx 40), 3 rinses, short final spin.
- COLD - main wash (ambient temp), 3 rinses, short final spin.
The standard machines take about 30 minutes for programmes 1, 2 & 3 and around 20 minutes for 4 and 5. The large machines take around 45 and 30 minutes respectively.
We also have a vending machine stocked with biological soap-powder, which accepts 20p coins. Two 20p measures are recommended for a standard wash and 3 measures for a large wash. You are welcome to bring your own detergent and conditioner but please note that hand-wash powder and dyes are not permitted.
You will find instructions on the machines and posted on the wall - please follow these to ensure you obtain the best results.